★ Welcome to SteorraShines ☆ Have a nice day ★

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The pathway to ambition

Posted by ★ Steorra ★ at 12:43 AM
Recently, I've read a post from a uni friend of mine.

She said,
"Crème de la crème.
I have to be that.
No matter what.
I need. I want. I will be that."

<Crème de la crème>
It means
"Something superlative."
"People of the highest social level.
"The very best."

I was quite astonished by her determination.

Aiming High.

Not that I look down on her
but in fact it's the exact opposite.

I actually wished to have that kind of determination
in which I'm lacking every bit of everything to be.

To be the very best, frankly it's very difficult.
It was never easy to be different and yet aiming to be the best?

I know myself good enough. Be real.
I dont actually wish to be a very excelled person.
It actually means that I have to give up a lot.

Trade-offs.

Looking back at what I dreamt when I was young about my future,
I think I haven even reach 25% of my ambition.

I start wondering what have I done for my past 2 decades?
Planning never works for long run.
There's always alternatives and bundle of choices.

Que sera sera.
Whatever will be will be.

When things happen, can I really go against it and
stay firm with my initial decision?

The pathway to my ambition is clear when I was young.
Now that I've came all the way here.
And I came to realized what I saw at that moment it's
the top of the mountain from a faraway land which is visible.

Back then, I never know that I have to climb up in the forest.
To reach the top.

As the higher I goes, the road became more steep and narrow.
Eventually I'll come to where Frost's once were.

~ The Road Not Taken ~
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Let's just hope that by then,
I have the luck to pick the road I "want-to-take".

'Coz you see, there's nothing called
"Later I come back and choose again."
in L-I-F-E

And now, what I should be doing is
to get the hot fresh bachelor cert outta here.
==


::FIN::

0 star✰shines on "The pathway to ambition"

Post a Comment